- Reading exercises for factual, inferential, and evaluative comprehension
- Vocabulary- building tasks that explore multiple meanings of words, cover dictionary usage as also help to spell well
- Grammar tasks that stress on accuracy and appropriate usage
- Writing tasks that include functional and creative expression
- Speaking activities that guide correct pronunciation and encourage oral fluency
- Listening activities for specific information and over-all meaning in communicative situations
- Projects based on environmental concerns add an element of fun and provide an opportunity to learn while doing
- Appealing layout and attractive illustration aids
- Avenues aims to enhance the learners’ proficiency in English by increasing their self-confidence so that they become responsible members of a multicultural and multilingual society.
The course components are: Starter, Primer, Coursebooks 1 to 8, Workbooks 1 to 8, and teacher’s kits for each level, including audio CDs, visual aids, and Teacher’s Books.
Published by Oxford University Press, India, 2006